Thursday, August 17, 2006

Me and the Kids



I was going through a bunch of stuff on my pc and came across this photo. That's me (in the middle) with Coco and the late Ms. Puddin. Coco is the brown one and Ms. P is the little snowball. We lost Ms. P in April to kidney failure and general old age - 16 years. She was the first pet I have ever had to have "put down". It was a very difficult thing to do, but the right thing. I owe my friend Steve a load of thanks for preparing me for the process. I always imagined that it was this long process of giving her the medication and she would get drowsy and eventually go to sleep...for ever. It was nothing like that. The doc was still administering the injection and she was gone. It took less than 2 seconds, literally. I sure miss my little girl. Both kids were rescue dogs. Puddin came from a broken home and Coco was rescued from the animal shelter. If you are ever in the market for a pet, please check your local animal shelter and save a life. You will get unconditional love in return.

See you next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

MS P! She looks very happy there. Good picture. Murphy sends his best to Aunt Stella, Uncle Lee, and Coco

5:11 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

thank you for stopping by my blog today. I started my blog in February, and after six months it has been a lot of fun/i've 'met' a lot of bloggers.
So keep writing, and I'll stop by to see what's up with you.
Michael

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home