Thursday, January 18, 2007

From Jury Duty to Superman

Ah jury duty, isn't it grand? Today I had jury duty. For those of you who have not experienced the process of jury duty, it can be quite tiresome. I reported to the central jury room along with several hundred other citizens. Finally at about 9am a movie was started that explained the process of jury selection. I think the film was made for first graders. After the film was over we were greeted by a civil servant who proceeded to reiterate everything we had just seen in the film. We were told that someone would be in shortly to begin assigning us to courtrooms. Finally around 11am, after spending the morning in a room that must have been 50 degrees, another CS appeared and assigned all potential jurors to courtrooms....with the exception of myself and about 12 to 14 others. Well, as it turned out our cards had been misplaced so we were dismissed at 11:15. Normally I would have done the "right" thing and gone to work for the afternoon. Not today. The weather has been so cold, wet and nasty that I just decided to spend the afternoon on the sofa watching mindless movies. I watched American Pie 2 and American Wedding.






This evening I decided to view something of a more mature nature. If you've never seen Smallville, you need to tune in at least once to check out Tom Welling aka Superman in his high school/college years. I have provided a photograph of Tom for your viewing pleasure. Yes, he is a couple of years my junior, but I like 'em younger now and then.

2 Comments:

Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

Only you could fit a "Tom Welling" picture into a post about Jury Duty :) "a couple of years"??? Let's try decades! ;0)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I am glad though that you went/did your civic duty.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home