Sunday, January 14, 2007

Little gossamer Angel



I know this is a bit late, but what can I say....
This is a photo of the little gold angel that has adorned the top of mom and dads Christmas tree for as long as I can remember. One Christmas a few years ago mom tried to pull a slick one and replace THE angel with a new one, well that did not go well with my older sister and I. Needless to say, the new angel went back to the stock room in whatever store mom bought it and "Goldie" is still reigning supreme.

Not much has been happening this year. Just going to work, coming home. We might be spending some time in Canada (Nova Scotia - hope the spelling is right) for Canada Day and the 4th of July. That will be a wonderful break from the heat we will be having here in Big D. Not any major trips planned this year, just small jaunts. March we will be going to Alabama to visit my nieces campus, May will take us to West Texas for my nephews' high school graduation, then it's off to Missouri to visit Grandma and finally we will be accompanying some friends to Arkansas to visit the Clinton Presidential Library. Those are the only planned trips so far, I'm sure there will be more.

Horrible news! It's not been announced yet, but it looks like SMU will be getting the george w library. My good friend is a dean at SMU and told me they have already bought property to construct the library. I could just vomit. Also, rumor has it that george is scoping out a place to reside in Highland Park, Tx which is a "township" in the middle of Dallas and across the street from yours truly. What is this world coming to???? Gloom, doom and despair!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

well someplace has to house all those comic books.

4:44 PM  
Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said...

I heard about the SMU library, but I didn't realize that he would be living in HP??? Perhaps I should rethink my return to Dallas?

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home